The Black Bear Hunting Package
The Black Bear is native to Newfoundland Labrador, and are generally larger than other Black Bears elsewhere in Canada. Hunting the Black Bear is a unique and challenging experience that should be part of every hunting adventure.
The Black Bear is native to Newfoundland Labrador, and are generally larger than other Black Bears elsewhere in Canada. This is thought to be because of a genetic disposition and low hunting pressure. A Black Bear can weigh upwards of 650 pounds.
Black Bears are most active around dawn and dusk and prefer heavily wooded areas. Population numbers have been difficult to record because of the cautious and secretive nature of Black Bears, but estimates suggest there are between 6,000 to 10, 000 Black Bears in Newfoundland.
There are two main Black Bear seasons: Spring (April to July) and Fall (September to November).
We will also add a Black Bear hunt to any other hunt at an additional cost of $500 USD.
Check out our Black Bear hunting package:
What is included?
- 6 day hunt
- License fees
- Accommodations (2 people per room)
- All meals included while at the lodge and hunting sites
- Hunter to guide ratio of 1 to 1
- Cleaning and care of the meat and trophy with meat storage on site
- Transportation to and from the hunting lodge (extra $75.00 charge for pick up from the airport one way)
Suggested Items to Bring
- Hunting equipment, firearms, and ammunition (It is recommended that the rifles be high-powered with a scope, sighted for 150 to 200 yards)
- A warm sleeping bag
- Some light clothing as well as warm clothing
- Good rain gear
- Waterproof boots
- A small backpack for daily use
- A camera
- Any medications you might require
*Note: Weight allowable is approximately 60 pounds per person due to fly-in site. Due to limited space when flying, we urge all hunters to use soft gun cases for transporting their guns.
Duration of stay and Typical day
- 7 days
- Sunday to Sunday or Wednesday to Wednesday
- Dawn to dusk hunting- a full day excursion, depending on the hunters preferences
- Up one hour before daylight
- Full breakfast
- Packaged lunch to take with you
- Traditional home cooked meal after hunting is complete for the day
- Hunting method: spot/call/stalk
There are no guarantees and no refunds on the Black Bear hunting package due to the infrequent nature of seeing black bears.