Moose Hunting Package
Explore and hunt a part of Newfoundland that has the most concentrated moose population in North America.
Introduced to Newfoundland twice, once in 1878 and again in 1904, the west coast of Newfoundland was seeing large numbers of moose by 1920. By 1930, moose covered much of the island.
Moose can weigh upward of 1,200 pounds and are most active during dawn and early evening hours. There are between 120,000 and 150,000 moose in Newfoundland, making it the most concentrated moose population in North America. Not only is Newfoundland densely populated but the Northern Peninsula, where we are located, is considered to be the area with the highest moose concentration in North America. This is extremely promising for hunting. Not to mention we offer access to remote, fly-in only camps that significantly reduces local hunting pressure.
Check out our moose hunting package:
What is included?
- 6 day hunt
- License fees
- Accommodations (2 people per room)
- All meals included while at the lodge and hunting sites
- Hunter to guide ratio of 1 to 1
- Cleaning and care of the meat and trophy with meat storage on site
- Transportation to and from the hunting lodge (extra $75.00 charge for pick up from the airport one way)
Suggested Items to Bring
- Hunting equipment, firearms, and ammunition (It is recommended that the rifles be high-powered with a scope, sighted for 150 to 200 yards)
- A warm sleeping bag
- Some light clothing well as warm clothing
- Good rain gear
- Waterproof boots
- A small backpack for daily use
- A camera
- Any medications you might require
*Note: Weight allowable is approximately 60 pounds per person due to fly-in site. Due to limited space when flying, we urge all hunters to use soft gun cases for transporting their guns.
Duration of stay and Typical day
- 7 days
- Sunday to Sunday or Wednesday to Wednesday
- Dawn to dusk hunting- a full day excursion, depending on the hunters preferences
- Up one hour before daylight
- Full breakfast
- Packaged lunch to take with you
- Traditional home cooked meal after hunting is complete for the day
- Hunting method: spot/call/stalk
flights before and after your stay with us, and any accommodations that you may need outside of your dates with us. For details regarding the shipping of meat and/or your trophy, please contact Michelle Toms, Central NL Shipping, at 709 651 4427. There is also a copy of the shipping details on this site.