The Caribou Hunting Package
The Caribou are plentiful and the success rate is high. The third largest Caribou, scored by Boone and Crockett was harvested here. This is definitely a hunting experience that can be worth your while.
The Woodland Caribou is a medium sized member of the deer family. Ranging in weight from 300 to 400 pounds, the Woodland Caribou is the largest of all caribou subspecies in Canada.
Newfoundland is home to thousands of Woodland Caribou the Northern Peninsula is home to the third largest Caribou ever recorded in the world (Scored by Boone and Crockett).
Check out our unique Caribou hunting package:
What is included?
- 6 day hunt
- License fees
- Accommodations (2 people per room)
- All meals included while at the lodge and hunting sites
- Hunter to guide ratio of 1 to 1
- Cleaning and care of the meat and trophy with meat storage on site
- Transportation to and from the hunting lodge (extra $75.00 charge for pick up from the airport one way)
Suggested Items to Bring
- Hunting equipment, firearms, and ammunition (It is recommended that the rifles be high-powered with a scope, sighted for 150 to 200 yards.)
- A warm sleeping bag
- Some light clothing as well as warm clothing
- Good rain gear
- Waterproof boots
- A small backpack for daily use
- A camera
- Any medications you might require
*Note: Weight allowable is approximately 60 pounds per person due to fly-in site. Due to limited space when flying, we urge all hunters to use soft gun cases for transporting their guns.
Duration of stay and Typical day
- 7 days
- Sunday to Sunday or Wednesday to Wednesday
- Dawn to dusk hunting- a full day excursion, depending on the hunters preferences
- Up one hour before daylight
- Full breakfast
- Packaged lunch to take with you
- Traditional home cooked meal after hunting is complete for the day
- Hunting method: spot/call/stalk